Saturday 3 October 2020

Can thyroid gland regrow after operation or removal?


Randi Silver Cohen

It can never grow back once they removed it


Kelly Ambrose

My friend had a total thyroidectomy and it grew back. It’s rare, but it happens.


Melissa Garrett

Never heard of that, I had a TT 2 years ago

Jerrie Ledbetter Barham

My dad’s tonsils supposedly grew back.

Kimberly Greenier

Jerrie Ledbetter Barham they can


Steph Armijo

I’m 17 years post my TT and I’ve had a tiny part grow back. But not enough to produce anything yet. It is not common but it does happen and can.


Kristen N Johnson

After two complete thyroidectomies I still had a full thyroid.....only high dose radiation killed it... my other drs....admitted my surgeon did nothing he should have.


Adelle Bear

Kristen N Johnson mine grew back after RAI now I ha e a huge goiter 


Melinda Richardson

My ultra sounds(2) have shown thyroid tissue. They cannot remove 100% of it. That’s why they do RAI. My blood work shows it’s not functional. Having another ultra sound in November and blood test. Full body scan in January 2021. Then RAI second dose possible. The tissue needs to be all destroyed, or cancer could be reoccurring, or it could start being functional and with medications could cause problems. They raised my thyroid meds also


Amanita Caesarea

Melinda Richardson I have been twice on RAI.reason is papilar cancer..and four Times on scintigraphy,sorry for bad English.

Deanna DeTemple

I had my tonsils out and 5 months later 1 grew back.

Kat Champenois

Deanna DeTemple I had mine removed as a toddler. I now have 2 "hags" or partial tonsils.

Anita Dickens

Deanna DeTemple me too, I have a partial that has grown back.


Susan Borkowski

I read a post recently where someone had a full thyroid removal and it started to grow back.

Sinéad McCallion Cooper

I was born completely without a thyroid and it can never grow one now


Lisa Eggers

My best friends grew back on one side. She just found out last month.


NikkiWhite Isbeingstill

My endo told me that it can grow back, I was shocked


Melissa Ann

Melissa Mitchell it didn’t grow back but I didn’t even know it could until the dr said it’s possible


Janet Neal

Mine did


Rachel Stevenson

Yep just like tonsils can



No comments:

Post a Comment