Monday 21 August 2017

Low white blood cells are a problem with Meat Only Diet - leads to infections

Summary:

1. Meat-only diet eventually leads to low white blood cells (neutrophils).

2. Low white blood cells lead to infections because the protection of white blood cells is not available.

3. Folates are absent in a meat only diet. Low folates leads to low white blood cells.

4. Hence, meat-only diet may be good for a few weeks or couple of months (could depend on individual) for healthy intestine to be fixed. But one needs to restore eating folates to increase white blood cells to fight infections.

***

Source: Even my personal experience with meat-only diet has been similar.

I have 4 out of 5 of these. Good thing I'm ZC! 28 months. Still have I issues though with very low white blood cells, so going to see one of Kresser's MD's Monday to hopefully get some decent help for a change! Been trying to get help for 25 years...
Most people naturally eat the right amount of protein for their needs. Protein is such a crucial nutrient that the brain has specific mechanisms that increase your desire for it if you need more an…
CHRISKRESSER.COM
LikeShow more reactions
Comment
Comments
Esmée La Fleur My white blood cells - neutrophils specifically - bottomed out completely in January. I got sick with a virus 6 times over the winter because of this before I figured out what the problem was. I traced it back to low serum folate. I am taking subcutaneous folic acid injections now and my neutrophils are back up into the healthy range. Not sure why I have this problem while other ZCers do not, but I suspect it is due to malabsorption which is caused by Mast Cell Activation Syndrome in my GI tract. I have not been sick with a virus since I started taking the folic acid injections.
LikeShow more reactions
Reply
3
August 19 at 5:55amEdited

No comments:

Post a Comment